Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Won't Let me Comment

Kelly,
   I wrote this great long response to your post and it wouldn't let me post to it!  Oh well.  Just said I was eagerly awaiting Lorna's objective as well.  I have written my own but would love to compare what we all have so that we are all on the same page.  I hear at least the elementary principals are getting together to come up with good objectives per grade level and then letting their teachers use them with personalized data.  Sounds like what we talked about on Friday.  Give them a goal and let them roll with it rather than frustrate teachers with having them come up with one, word it the right way, and gather the data.  It is particularly hard for my new teachers who are not from Virginia that are not familiar with the assessments available, etc.  I hope they figure it out soon.  Hope you all have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I have not written my objective yet. I meet with my principal tomorrow to see if she has any ideas. I don't think the middle school principals are even trying to be on the same page because the guidance at Jackson and Breckenridge is totally different. Would you be willing to share what you have so far for your objective. I am leaning towards using BT data in some shape or form because it makes more sense than using student data but I am totally open to all ideas at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and about the commenting issue...I found once I downloaded the Google Chrome Browser, which was earlier today, all of the glitches I was having with commenting disappeared!

    ReplyDelete